Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 weeks ago

As an aspiring writer who hopes to one day be the BIG thing, how would you rate my writing?

"Susie was there. Peter was there. The whole group was there. You wonder where? That's a mystery to the mind. It's a case to investigate." Thank you all for reading my short story. I desire feedback from you guys. Most authors write to convey a story. But, for me, I do it for the sake of art. I ignore almost all grammar rules, English conventions, and writing mechanisms. Such shackles, which can restrict an author's creativity. The way where I choose to sail is my route.

Favorite Answer

Ignoring all the rules means you come across as a first time beginner writer, which isn't going to get you to the big time.

That isn't a story, that's a riddle at best.

Don't ignore the grammar rules until you understand how they work. Also, conveying a story IS art.

You seem better suited to poetry than prose.

• Amber

I think you're a troll because everyone knows a story needs a begin, middle and end. You don't even provide a decent beginning. No ones writing is this poor is they aspire to be great. 

• Marli

You gave birth to an opening paragraph, not a story.

You refused to sustain its life, so it died.

• Cogito

Weak.

Ignoring the rules may sound really clever and original, but it's a childish idea and all it would mean is that literary agents would ignore you and publishers wouldn't even look at your work.

When people read, they want to be able to understand what the author is trying to say.  Grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc, are there to enable people to understand.

Bad English just annoys most readers.

Writing in crappy English and calling it 'art' as an excuse won't wash.

• Tina

That isn't really a short story. It's a group of sentences. And I have to say, no, I don't wonder where, nor do I quite understand the sentence "That's a mystery to the mind." You can of course choose to sail (metaphorically speaking) where you like, but others may not wish to follow you.

Interesting plot twists but lacking in character development.