Should I be having sex in college?

I've been in college for a few years already and a virgin. That's what media has led us to believe-that college is supposed to be the 'best time of my life' apparently. If there are consequences from sex though no one wants to take responsibility. Also, one in four students have some kind of STD. So those facts just make me not want to do it even though I can if I want to. So media is just promoting sex, sex, sex but if there are consequences no one wants to take responsibility and that's the fact of the matter.

• MS
    Favorite Answer

You can have the best time of your life without having sex.  You are right to be cautious and careful because there are potentially significant consequences.  I think it's wise to wait until YOU feel it's the right time.  Not when the media or anyone else thinks it's the right time.

• Ace Shorty
      4 weeks agoReport

You must've been having lousy sex, great sex can make you are floating on air.

Go for it, you aren't getting any younger and believe me, you'll be 30 and over the hill before you know it.

• James

No, your own home is more private.

I don't think college is going to be the best time of your life if you ever have any children.

• Ace Shorty
      4 weeks agoReport

Your kids will bring you more joy and happiness than you will have in college, it you decide to have children.

It's pretty well mandatory if you want the 'college experience'.

You shouldn't have sex for the sake of saving sex.

If you find someone you want to have sex with, and take sensible precautions, there's also no reason not to.

• Niko

Sex sells. That's why the media promotes it. Don't let the media decide what you should do with your body. 

I assume you're female. If I were you, I would save my virginity for the right person. Though I'm a virgin myself, I imagine it's better to lose your virginity to someone you love and plan to be with for years to come than someone you don't.

The best time of your life doesn't have to include casual, meaningless sex. Aren't you better than that?

• drip

Ok, you can have a good time college life without having sex all during it.  There is no should or should not. Have sex when you are ready for it, 

And  have a nice long talk with your doctor about protection and your fears.

The media is always promoting sex. That doesn’t mean you need to blindly follow it.

• Sex is used to sell everything from condoms to washing machines. It's not compulsory. Sex carries a great deal of emotional baggage. If you're not ready for it, don't do it.

• Cara
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, of course, because most adults relate to it with pleasure. That doesn't mean you have to go along with it until you feel you're quite ready.

you have s3x when you have found the right partner.   I mean THE one.