Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Is this relationship worth saving ?

I've been in a relationship for one year with a guy whose been separated for eight years / divorced for two years .Our relationship has started to make me depressed for several reasons and I'm ready to end it. 

First thing is he's not ready to remarry ,I've never been married and I'm ready now. Also his ex wife constantly calls him about their grandchildren asking him for money. I feel like that's his adult child's responsibility to call him if the grandkids need something not his ex-wife. I'm also sick of his female friend calling , he won't talk to her in front of me and that's raising red flags for me ..I know he wouldn't cheat or anything  I just wonder why they can't talk while I'm around.. Also it's been a year and I've never met his family .we rarely go ou on dates, he doesn't buy me gifts unless I say something . It's all really upsetting me..when I talk with him about it ,he will change for a while but as soon as I feel things are getting better ,things always go back down hill and  I'm tired . At this point I don't want to be in this relationship anymore  I just don't know how to leave .

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, you've already seen signs that should put you on guard. Consider this at Proverbs 22:3 "The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequence." 

Source(s): jw.org
    • El3 weeks agoReport

Thank you Liz ..I'm praying for a graceful way out of this relationship because on my own strength it's not happening. I realize this , relationships are easy to get into and difficult to get out of .

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship (with his ex and female friend in the picture) you are getting a glimpse into what ur life will be like if you stay with him (and it will get worse) trust your gut and leave ASAP

• 3 weeks ago

You're insecure and don't have much dignity left, because a LONG TIME AGO, when the first red flag raised in your relationship, you just stayed with him. And you're still there.

So, in essence, your sense of self-worth is shot. A confident self-assured woman would have left long long ago if she were as uncomfortable as you claim to be.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You already know the answer to your question.  Follow your instincts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mikey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

How do you "know" he wouldn't cheat?

• 3 weeks ago

You already know there's red flags all over the place so why are you even still with him?

Since he has grandchildren he's clearly old enough to behave like an adult and I'd say the same for you. You're both old enough to know better. Ditch this guy and find someone else. He's not the right guy for you.

• 3 weeks ago

No, I think you should move on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.