Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Who will the Republicans nominate for President in 2020?

At this stage it won’t be Trump so who else can they run?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • joedlh
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't you think that this conundrum is at least partially responsible for the histrionics that Trump-defenders are using today? Clinton was impeached during his second term. Nixon resigned while he was in his second term. If the House impeaches Trump and he runs for reelection, it will be the first time in the nation's history that a president was impeached and ran for reelection. How do you think that will go?

We live in interesting times. I, for one, would not want to be a member of the Republican party leadership under this circumstance.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They've been grooming Nikki Haley so they can try to get the female votes, but her strong support for trump won't bode well for her in an election.

• 3 weeks ago

When the Democrats have already conceded they can't beat Trump in 2020 , why would the GOP even consider someone else . lol !

• Lili
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Aw, poor little boys. You're looking more desperate by the day, children.  Too funny.

• 3 weeks ago

Trump will serve as president until Jan 2025.  That is pretty much a certain reality

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your TDS is showing.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They should nominate Putin 

• Nick
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

Why are liberals so obsessed with Putin?

• Lili
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If by some remote chance Trump is removed from office, Mike Pence will become president.

Now, Pence could decide that he doesn't want to run.  The Republicans could then choose from a variety of possible candidates. I think the person who'd have the best chance is Mitt Romney, but I don't know whether he'd be willing to throw his hat into the ring again.

If Pence DOES want to run, though, I think the Republicans will get behind him.

It is entirely possible for the Republicans to nominate someone who isn't the president -- see below -- whether that president is Trump or Pence, but I don't think it will happen.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't know the name of the current KKK grand dragon.

• 3 weeks ago

The left gets more and more desperate everyday.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.