Any request I make to my coworkers is answered by hostility, what should I do?

Several coworkers were spitting tobacco into the paper bins. I have to empty/clean them, so more than once I found my bare hand covered with spit and tobacco chunks. I kindly asked them to stop and it got worse. The smokers were leaving cigarettes in the parking lot, I had to pick them up so I made a cigarette catcher and asked them to use it. They won't use it, in fact some have started smoking more and now leave their cigarettes in my parts box (another thing I have to dig through and clean). There's only one clock in the building, people kept putting stuff in front of it so I asked them to stop... Well now there isn't a clock in the building. Boss/ HR find it funny. I don't. Short of finding a new job, what should I do? And for the record, it's against company policy to use tobacco here anyway, no one cares.

Sounds like you are a janitor and frustrated...get some gloves and keep doing the job.  

You're completely justified in asking for a box of rubber gloves to 'do that part of your job'. If they won't provide it tell them it's a sanitation issue and you're not going to be doing it if you can't get the proper gear. File a complaint with HR about it if the boss says no, and insist that it goes in your file (that covers your butt).

Ignore the 'against company policy' since the management allows it. Focus on keeping your hands safe.

Since management doesn't care, the only thing you can do is stop complaining and get yourself a box of latex gloves.  Unfortunately your complaining has made the situation worse and now they are intentionally getting worse to aggravate you.  After all, you aren't their boss!  Put your head down, keep working and be quiet or you will need to find a new job.

A lot of companies including the one I work for have found that the no-smoking on company property policy doesn't really work.  Too hard to get labor these days.  My company had to give up on it as they couldn't keep people.

People are pigs when they know someone else is paid to clean up.   This is never, ever going to change as long as they aren't the ones who have to clean.

If you don't want to clean up after pigs, find a different job. 

threaten them with a blade or blackmail