being and empath will they believe me?family and friends and co workers?

I have always been sensitive as a kid  past tense and then adult at 40 yrs empath .

not sure if anyone or anybody would believe if I said it to them. 

Some things are best left unsaid, but having said that if you feel they must know and it makes you feel better then by all means go ahead and tell them, but not everyone understands you when you tell them your a empath.

I don't see why you need to share that with them at all. Not everything about a person needs to be talked about.

• Hunter

Depends upon where you live. If you tell somebody in Oregon that you are an empath, and that's no big deal. I've heard people talking about aliens in the Social Security office, so mention being and empath or a telepath and it's not anything people here will disbelieve. Might be different in Colorado or New Jersey.  You never know how many people think that being an empath is purely a Star Trek (or Doctor Who) thing. But as a popular commercial said recently, "Most people are idiots." 

• C-Cat3 weeks agoReport

That is how you upset denialists, three of them anyway. Thank got for multiple accounts

I have always been sensitive too, when someone says something unkind or even disagrees with me a little bit I find the tears welling up in my eyes, of course I am ashamed to have such a feminine trait so I have to disguise my feeling with a barrage of bluster and abuse. 

As for my empathic skills I believe that they are second to none! The other night Mavis was sobbing loudly into her pillow and I said to her "What are you upset about now you silly cow?"  I think she was pretty impressed that I was able to gauge her mood so accurately without her even saying a word! 

Forget the labels.  Just let your family and such know that you have a lot of empathy, you are a sensitive person.  Or say nothing at all unless it comes up.  Labeling yourself an empath puts a target on you which doubters will challenge.

I am one as well.

• Mr. P

It would be better to not tell them.

Being an empath is not without it's own problems unless you have learned to shield. It can leave you exhausted and if you are not very careful can bring physical and mental illness and/or possession.

Plus you may have bad effects on electrical equipment.

• You want people to believe that you have an imaginary ability? Some people will, the very naive ones. 

• Hunter
      2 weeks agoReport

What's imaginary is your grasp of reality. So much of the real world gets filtered out in that useless quagmire you have between your ears.

• 👻

Why do you need to make an announcement about it? It’s a guide to you, and mostly a personal thing, unless you feel you can be of help in some way with your ability.

• Dr. NG

Most won't, unless you can demonstrate your ability. Most will humor you of course, as more often than not, people are kind that way but don't confuse that with accepting your claim on your word.

https://blog.usejournal.com/6-superpowers-every-em...

Most people can't comprehend a genuine empath because most were to weak to remain one themselves, preferring to become negative because they were subjected to negative, rather than to rise above it. In other words they can't comprehend what they themselves were unable to be. It's harder for genuine people to be convincing because they're not as skilled in that art as somebody who puts a lot of effort into manipulating, misleading or outright lying to everyone around them. This combined with the fact that most people are ignorant fools, is the downfall of an empath. I'm talking in a more literal sense of the word, trying to avoid "paranormal". It's not paranormal for somebody to be able to understand it or sense it when somebody isn't nice, or isn't in a good mood. If a person can't sense something is wrong, there's something wrong with them. The difference is some people care more to notice such things, while others are either... ignorant.. or selfish.