Why am I being accused of being an accomplice to something I had nothing to do with?

I just got into a verbal confrontation with a one of my childhood neighbors. He claimed that I got him kicked out of my job. Please note the following:

I used to do parking lot security at a pool hall. My job was to stand post outside and make sure all the customers arrived and departed in an orderly fashion, basically keep the parking lot running smoothly. One night, my childhood neighbor who I haven’t seen since we were teenagers, walked up to the entrance where I was stationed. We greeted each other and reminisced about the good times on our block. Then he went inside to play pool. Later that night, he came back outside with a distraught “WTF? I didn’t do anything” face, and said that he was banned from the pool hall for giving beer to some underaged customers. I didn’t know what else to say to him, since I was outside the entire time and didn’t see what was going on. So we said our goodbyes as he left the pool hall in disappointment.

About three years later, I saw him stationed by his job, bulldozer, while I was running an errand for my job. He told me that I got him kicked out of the pool hall, and that if I ever see him again, keep on walking, because we’re not cool anymore. He totally lost me there, because I wasn’t inside the pool hall. And I surely didn’t bad-mouth him to my boss. All that happened was that he said he was banned for giving alcohol to minors. So how am I the bad guy here? Did a co-worker from the pool hall spread rumors about me?

He probably fried his brain with drugs, wanted someone to blame and you were easy prey.   Don't talk to him anymore.

It's impossible to know exactly how he reached that erroneous conclusion. Maybe he mistakenly thought you'd try to get him reinstated. In any case, he doesn't sound sensible.

You are obsessing over this because????????

He thought you were a bouncer, not a parking attendant, responsible for keeping out under-age people from entering. He assumed anyone in the pool hall was of legal age, which is a reasonable assumption considering most any place alcohol is served you must be of age unless in the company of parent or legal guardian unless it is also a restaurant.

You see the guy once every 3 years, why do you care?

I don't think anyone can answer your question definitively. It sounds more like he made that assumption rather than owning up to the fact that he used poor judgment and got himself kicked out. If it was just three years ago the victim mentality was in full swing back then! You know the truth. That is really all that matters. Don't keep focusing on the injustice of his unwarranted accusation. It isn't healthy and probably won't ever be resolved.

Some people are just paranoid assholes. Best to avoid them. Especially ones who keep a grudge for 3 years.