Christmas gift ideas for babies? ?

Both of my cousins have babies around the same age (not quite 1 year). For Christmas we did already buy a couple toys. But, I wanted to get something that was NOT a toy. I was thinking along the lines of necessities (like shampoo, wipes, etc...) Do you think that would be appreciated? Or do you have any other ideas? Any help would be appreciated! I just need to brainstorm.

• drip
    Favorite Answer

Don’t buy unless you know what specific  products/brands they use for their baby. Diapers are great to buy, if you know the brand and size they need.

Socks, undershirts, PJ’s are always needed, kids grow out of them too fast and they are not cheap. Children’s Place has wonderful PJ’s. They have cuffs in the arms and legs that fold up or down as the child grows. Good quality for repeated washings. Socks are always getting lost or outgrown. Or get socks with gummies on the bottom for wearing around the house

The next year they may be taking the babies on outings. My niece takes her 16 month twins to kids museums, zoo, petting farms.  See if you can get a gift card for places like that,

• Daisy

I suggest books.   There are plenty of picture books on the market.  Kids loved to be read to and books are ideal.   They are inexpensive and kids love to hear the stories over and over.   Reading to children stimulates their brains.  Studies have found that children who are read to have an advantage over those who are not read to- their vocabulary increases and they do well once they get into school. 

Get baby clothes that your cousins would find funny. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING CHOKEABLE. Choking is a very real risk.

save your money, they are too young to know what a gift is

• Cammie

Books are a great gift.Any thing from Eric Carle .http://www.eric-carle.com/books.html

For heaven's sake, Google "Christmas gift ideas for babies". It's not that difficult.

• Meatloaf143 weeks agoReport

Thanks, I already did that (before I posted it here)! Most of the lists had very specific items, likely from sponsors, rather than general suggestions. Plus, most of them were for much older kids...even searching for babies or infants. Thank you for taking the time to post anyway! 

For new parents, everything would be appreciated. I recommend some clothing that the children will grow into in a short time.

A baby blanket, like the kind they can haul around with them like a security blanket. Like what Linus would carry.