My job is over scheduling me?

I started this job a month ago.The issue is they schedule me 6 days a week.I told them I’m a college and have another job from the beginning from the interview and they still hired me.I told them I will like to work 3 days a week.Well after training they put me on 6 days a week.Plus they keep asking me if I could work double shift as a server.Yesterday on Monday I was suppose to be there around 11:30am to 2:30pm and they put me 11am-4pm because someone couldn’t make it.I understand they need help but I won’t be leaving until 5-6pm and I need to study for school.I am also working Saturday and sundays as well.every job i had only really gave me 3 days out the week.i spoke to them but they don’t really understand should I just go?

• Judy

so quit ...........................

If you say yes to helping out co-workers, they will keep asking.  

Be very honest with your boss, "I'm in school, this schedule is a problem.  I want to keep this job, but I cannot work all of these hours."

• Alex

Managers will take the path of least whining to get their shifts filled.  So if you're agreeing to the extra hours and someone else is whining about it, guess who gets stuck working them? 

You have to stand up for yourself and tell your boss no (be polite of course, "I'm sorry but I just cannot do that.  My grades are starting to suffer due to the long hours."  If your boss was already aware that you are a student, it is unlikely to cost you your job.

Your hours are super short.  If you only worked 11:30-2:30, what's the sense of even having a job.  It seems like they are making up for the short hours by giving you more days, which most people would consider it a good thing.

Working 11-4 even should give you plenty of time to study.

If you want a job, you are going to need to learn to balance your time better. 

Inform them in writing of the days and hours you are available.

Repeat until they get it.