I can’t get to work due to transportation. I put in my two weeks notice but, have had to call out due to no transportation. Vent/advice. ?

I work at a department retail store and have to suddenly move in with my boyfriend whom lives miles away from my current workplace. This wasn’t no “ Yay! I get to live with my boyfriend “ move... its because it was my last and only option and very sudden. I am out of transportation currently and my job has been giving me **** for being late/calling out. I’m a private person... I hate everyone being all up in my business so I told one of the managers to the side I was calling out and being late due to personal/transportation reasons and I was mentioning to her how much I loved my job and how I hated being late etc. she seemed fine and understanding then I heard back she was saying “ Everyone is going through stuff and we are still here “ and that I would written up etc. but me having no car, Ubers/Lyfts cost me $60 to get there. ($120/day) , I don’t have a family where we just have extra cars laying around or any reliable public transportation. I text one of my managers and she gave me a whole this is unacceptable text. I gave my two weeks notice. Loved my job, but its causing me to be way broke and to depend on others for rides out of their way etc. I’ve been up all night can’t sleep due to me having anxiety/stressing me out and crying like crazy knowing I can’t go in to work every night for this past week since I haven’t been paid yet. Should I just do a immediate resign? Rock these two weeks notice out and just call out/come in late if I have to? What would you do? 

They know you cannot make it.  Just keep notifying them of your issues.  

Your manager is right, everyone goes through stuff...but you did the right thing by resigning. 

Uber/Lyft? I have a co-worker who did this for awhile before getting a car. 

Stop stressing. You TOLD your boss you have transportation issues, if the bus isn't available and you don't use a car or bike, they know you can't get in.

• Eva

It's not a 2 week notice if you're calling out every shift. Just resign. As an adult, it's your responsibility to figure out how to get to work. Calling out for transportation issues makes you look unreliable and irresponsible. Get all that worked out before you try getting another job.

• Scott

Options:

1. Move closer to work

2. Obtain reliable transportation

3. Find a new job closer to where you live.

It is the employee's responsibility to arrange reliable transportation to get to/from work. By constantly calling out you are placing an unfair burden on your fellow employees.