Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 weeks ago

Suggest cute romance books for someone in late teens to read?

Without sex, because I am not into that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Sorry, when I saw the word 'cute' my teeth curled and my hair fell out.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I hate books with sex in them too but I also hate christian books

• 3 weeks ago

Nearly any romance novel would do, then.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Try some of Gail Carriger's works.  The Finishing School series is a YA romance/action/comedy blend.  Her Parasol Protectorate series is set in the same world, but aimed at a more adult audience.  I don't recall anything explicit, though, so you could try it and see what you think.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Any romancas from a Christian publisher. Other religions publish books for young adults, and they might not have sex scenes.

Harlequin has a line of romance novels called "Love Inspired"

Georgette Heyer wrote Recency period romances and country-house mystery stories back in 1940s to 70s. Several have been republished. They are good reads (I read them in my late teens) and meet your criteria.

Ellis Peters' "A Morbid Taste For Bones" and the rest of the series freaturing Brother Cadfael are murder mysteries set in 12th century Wales and Shrewsbury. The murders tend to be outre, but there is almost always a romance between two teenagers, the girl usually having a strong character. Sex is there, but it is not stressed. It is usually kept behind the scenes and alluded to.

Some of Agatha Christie's cozy mysteries involve a couple of suspects who fall in love. Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot or Harley Quin clear them of blame. No sex scenes.

• 3 weeks ago

"Old Love" a short story by Jeffery Archer is a love story of a different nature and hits you in the heart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.