My gf says she’s cis-gender but also binds?

My girlfriend (I’m a girl too btw) recently told me that she dislikes her breasts and sometimes binds. She told me she’s happy with her pronouns, vagina, etc. but feels gross with her breasts, and likes looking masculine without them. She wants to have a more masculine appearance overall as well. However, as of current she dresses mascot line half the time and very feminine the other half the time. She loves makeup and (TMI alert) plays the more feminine, submissive role in the bedroom. 

I want to support her but I also don’t know very many people that don’t think they want to transition genders or be gender fluid but still want to change their appearance and bind.

• reme_1

She is NOT cis gender- she is a lesbian. SHe needs to accept that.

Probably time to call the gay center and talk to the counselor. He or she might recommend couples counseling or trans support group for more help. I think that not every woman loves all THAT on her chest. It can be a nuisance. She does sound a bit confused. The word androgynous comes to mind.

They're not gender fluid, they might just like presenting as androgynous sometimes.

• Bob

What is wrong with people, get a grip, you are talking absolute bollox

The act of breast binding is common for trans men, but is also done by androgynous and non-binary people, as well as crossdressers, cosplayers, and performers. In a general sense; women may also use binders as alternatives to bras or as a practice of propriety

Ever hear of the term Tomboy?

It is possible to experience a level of gender dysphoria without wishing to transition. Such as wanting a more masculine image but still enjoying aspects of being female and female identity. Other people's gender dysphoria is more extreme and they transition. 

• Nathan3 weeks agoReport

It's cis men that are the most likely to be pedophiles or rapists, I don't see you complaining about them

Thats just one of those gray area things. She's probably not trans. 

Source(s): LGBT ADVOCATE AND GAY MAN

I am a cis woman and am very similar to your girlfriend. I love my big hips, I love wearing dresses, I prefer she/her pronouns, I definitely prefer having a vagina but I really am not a fan of my boobs. I have considered a binder but I am only an A cup so I haven't gotten one. I just make sure I don't get bras that make them look bigger.