Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

I'm so tired of disappointment in life?

I'm in my mid 20s and work a dead-end job. No kids, no partner. I'm so tired of trying my best and never succeeding. I can study, learn a new skill, gain experience, change my appearance, change my mood, do volunteer work, but I never get anywhere. I apply for jobs where I have a shot, but always get a call 'sorry maybe next time'. Sometimes they don't even bother contacting me to decline my application.

Co-workers used to invite me out for drinks, but don't anymore (partly because I didn't know who was going, but also because I would be working the next day, so it would be inappropriate). 

I could text 'friends' but they only contact me if they want something. 

People say to just 'put myself out there', but I only get disappointed. 

My family is toxic. 

Strangers ask me "When are you having kids?" or "Why are you not in a relationship?". There is always the classic "Where are you working here? You're wasting your life". 

I don't know why, but I thought by now I could feel accomplished/happy/content. 

I get don't see the point in trying anymore. Why exactly am I even bothering to try if I just keep failing? 

I never used to be this way. I swear I used to be happy, but I don't remember what that felt like. 

Welcome to adulthood. People only reach out when they need you even family. At this point you realize everyone is out fending for themselves so they don’t care what you are going through. That is also the time when you realize you need a companion, or at least someone to talk to on a daily basis, but if you rush and just get with anyone you will end up in an abusive relationship, or divorced with kids, or stuck in a loveless marriage with kids. It’s not that you are not trying your best you are you are just unhappy with your dead end job. most millennials are in this predicament but yet if you go on social media they pretend so much that you will believe they have it all good. if you want something different do something different. If it’s not the career you wanted go back to school and do something while still working that dead end job( got to pay bills right?) it doesn’t matter how long it takes, as long as you still have hope, make new friends in the process you will enjoy the ride. It is never too late to change your life. Go to counseling it will help with the issues you have. Don’t put yourself down. You will fall into depression and you don’t want that it’s not good. be happy that you are single, no kids yet, have a job and still a life to live. A lot of people are in bad situations they cannot get out of. 

You seem to lack confidence, you have to be confident, have faith in yourself, and things will eventually be acceptable to you in a good way. You're young, have a job looking for something better, you never know when love will bite you in the ***, so think positive.

You sound depressed and the underlying question is 'What is this life all about?'

You are searching for something more in life. The following site will take you through a discussion on the meaning of life.

http://www.kabbalah.info/net/what-is-the-meaning-o...

Startt working on something....