How can I get a mechanic to inspect this car?

I am trying to buy a used car out of state and it is in a used car dealership. How can I get a mechanic to come to the dealership to check it out?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Don't. Buy a car near home.

• 3 weeks ago

You take the car to a mechanic at the shop they work at after setting up an appointment for a used car inspection before purchasing it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 3 weeks ago

You know firsthand who has a dealership and in which country. Then you can try them on their web site and see that there are beautiful solutions.

• not
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You will have to find a mechanic near the car. You take the car to the mechanic for inspection. The salesman will ride along. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You probably won't. A good mechanic would put the car on a lift as a part of a though inspection.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

You probably won't, unless the mechanic is a personal friend. If you want to buy a car out of state, you go see the car in person and drive it. Otherwise, you could have a problem on your hands.

• 3 weeks ago

Rule 1 Don't buy a car out of state.

Rule 2 if you ignore Rule 1 then be prepared to spend some time at the car's location and find a local mechanic to inspect the vehicle for you. None of this comes cheap which only enforces Rule 1

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.