Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 weeks ago

Does this mean he will buy me something?

Ive asked new BF if we can exchange gifts this Christmas. He asked what I would like....which I said jewelry....and then he asked does it have to be expensive. I told him to decide and he said "let's see on Christmas". What does this mean? And is he cheap? I see that he buys cheap things for himself.

Favorite Answer

I hope he does buy you something! :)

• KatieC
      2 weeks agoReport

The fact that this is best answer just confirms what everyone else said.

If he's a new boyfriend, i doubt he's going to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on jewelry. That would be a bit over the top

You're a woman, right??? Why are women so greedy? Why do they expect men to spend tons of money on them? Why should anybody go broke buying you a stupid Christmas gift? You are a very selfish person and your boyfriend deserves better than you!

• KatieC

It seems like you’re testing him to see if he will buy you expensive jewelry which is honestly really off-putting on your part. I don’t think him being cheap is the problem here. 

It doesn’t matter what he buys you, it’s the thought that counts. 

I think he’ll try to buy you something, because you are exchanging gifts, but don’t expect something expensive. 

Maybe he might buy you something that costs a lot. Don’t get your hopes up though. 

In my opinion, it shouldn’t be the price that determines how good a gift is. 

You strike me as a greedy manipulative sort that should be grateful to receive any gift a significant other gives you.

• DeLayne
      2 weeks agoReport

He/she deserves nothing! What a golddigger!