Somebody please help me understand this?

So I was reading this book which is full of nautical terms and slang, I came across a passage where a chief bosun's mate yells 'boats' as he jumps back onboard to his yacht from visiting a friend on another boat. What did he mean by 'boats' ?

For your reference I have provided you with the original context (screenshot) down below

• 7 days ago

sfsdfsfsdfsdfsdfsd

Boats is slang for a boatswain mate (third class petty officer and higher rank) in the Navy or Coast Guard.

What was Kelly's job description or position in the crew? It sounds like Boats is the slang term for that position. Maye a derivative of Bosun 

• Mallone4 weeks agoReport

Kelly is just a sailor, but Oreza is a Chief Bosun's Mate in the coastguard

• Bob

It's an acronym for Based On A True Story

Much more of what went before would be needed to give context to that expression.

Perhaps it is slang for "Boat!" which means something like "Bust Out Another Thousand"? In other words things haven't gone too well and more money is needed to fix the problem.