Is it better to use water or tissue after taking a dump in the toilet?

Cos I know in non-western countries and people from Afrcan ethnicity, India etc. they use water, and use tissue to remove the wetness after.

I'm not sure but I've been thinking that tissues cause infections.

So does it actually make a difference?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Tissues can cause UTIs if you wipe from back to front, not if you wipe from front to back. A bidet removes your chance of screwing up.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Some Japanese buildings are equipped with toilets that shoot a stream of water to clean up after pooping. If you try to do it yourself, it would be harder to keep the water from spilling onto the floor and also difficult to keep the dirty water from contaminating the water hose you may use. If the water spills, then you have germs on your bathroom floor that you may need to clean up and disinfect. So, unless you have this kind of toilet, you are better off using tissue.

• nothing
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

I had it in my parent's house (50 years ago) and many years I was asking myself "what for is this", and sometimes I would release the vent and all bathroom top plate would be wet.

• 3 weeks ago

Tissues in some countries will clog their sewer system, you need to inquire about that where you go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.