How much vinegar or HCl needs to be mixed with a 5.7% Chlorine solution to create a Cl2 concentration of 400 ppm?

How much vinegar needs to be mixed with a 5.7% Chlorine solution to create a Cl2 concentration of 400 ppm? What about HCl?

My chemistry professor has is teaching us about the dangers of mixing cleaning products and has tasked us with figuring out how much vinegar needs to react with a 5.7% chlorine solution to produce enough Cl2 gas to prove fatal. I did some research and found that fatality can ensure after 30 minutes of exposure to Cl2 gas at a concentration of 400 ppm.Do I need to consider the size of the room? My bathroom is about 7m^3

UPDATE: 

I used the ideal gas equation to estimate how many moles of air are in the room. Then: 

moles of Cl2 = 400 * 10^-6 * moles of air

mass of Cl2 = moles * molar mass Cl2

I got about 8 grams of Cl2. How do I figure out how much vinegar to add to how much of the Chlorine solution?

• Clive

What does this have to do with personal finance?