I am a us citizen who lives ok México?

So I live in México, I just foto here 2 months ago, I want to stay here in México, I NEVER want to go back to the US, so my mom lives in the USA, so my quiestion Is since I live in México, can my mom legally income my taxes for me??


I am 27 years old, I'm single with no kids

Update 2:

Who knows I may want to go back to the US in a future

Update 3:

Please help!!!

4 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You'd have the sign the return but your mom can prepare them for you. Just like any tax preparer does. You can do this using a digital signature and Abode Reader or any other such document sharing program.

  • 9 months ago

    As a US citizen, you are legally required to file & pay US income taxes. US taxes ALL income from all sources worldwide. So your earnings in Mexico are subject to US income taxes (along with interest, dividends, rental income, & everything else). You do not live with your mother, are not dependent on your mother, and your mother cannot claim you as a dependent. Besides, you're an adult! YOU must file your own tax returns & pay as required.

    You may also become subject to additional reporting requirements, including FBAR (report of foreign bank/financial accounts, now FinCEN Form 114), and Form 8938, report of foreign assets. If you are subject to these, penalties for failure to file ON TIME (no extensions or deferments possible) are really draconian, starting with fine of USD50,000.

  • 9 months ago

    Yes, she can.

    (the minimum length of an answer is 15 characters)

  • 9 months ago

    Uh huh. Definitely believable.

    Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.