Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 3 weeks ago

Why don't tablets have fans?

But laptops and desktops do?

My tablet feels pretty warm on the bottom.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Microsoft Surface pro tablets has fans you know

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Well, I'm a fan of tablets!

I'll...show myself out.

• 3 weeks ago

Their cpu I think are made to rely on a heat sink. 

• 3 weeks ago

To remain compact and efficient.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Tablets have no extra space for ventilation and fans.  Fans also eat up valuable battery life.  Tablets and phones are designed to spread any heat generated through it's housing which is why you feel it getting warm.   Tablets and phones use slower processors that don't generate as much heat as a laptop or desktop.    In general all processors are thermally constrained by the amount of heat that can be realistically dissipated by the case design.    This is why the fastest processor on the market will always be in a Desktop where there's little constraint on power and thermal options for the processor.  

• Buddy3 weeks agoReport

Microsoft surface pro tablets has fans just let you know

• 3 weeks ago

fan not needed because the full thermal load won't heat it up beyond specs

• 3 weeks ago

They don't generate as much heat. Yes, it might feel pretty warm but if it were a laptop with no fan, it would feel down right hot (if it could run long enough without the heat tripping the cpu).

• 3 weeks ago

Tablets and smartphones use low power ARM processors and can sink away heat more efficiently. Desktop CPUs are much larger, consume more power so need to dissipate more heat. Large heat sinks, Fans, even fluid cooling.

My HP laptop has a cooling fan, most do.

• asad
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Its like mobile phone and having very less capacity compare to latops and desktops.

• 3 weeks ago

Tablets don't have air flow because it has no ventilation.

One of the biggest downsides to mobile devices.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.