Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 3 weeks ago

Why don't tablets have fans?

But laptops and desktops do?

My tablet feels pretty warm on the bottom.

Microsoft Surface pro tablets has fans you know

Well, I'm a fan of tablets!

I'll...show myself out.

Their cpu I think are made to rely on a heat sink. 

To remain compact and efficient.

• P

Tablets have no extra space for ventilation and fans.  Fans also eat up valuable battery life.  Tablets and phones are designed to spread any heat generated through it's housing which is why you feel it getting warm.   Tablets and phones use slower processors that don't generate as much heat as a laptop or desktop.    In general all processors are thermally constrained by the amount of heat that can be realistically dissipated by the case design.    This is why the fastest processor on the market will always be in a Desktop where there's little constraint on power and thermal options for the processor.  

• Buddy3 weeks agoReport

Microsoft surface pro tablets has fans just let you know

fan not needed because the full thermal load won't heat it up beyond specs

They don't generate as much heat. Yes, it might feel pretty warm but if it were a laptop with no fan, it would feel down right hot (if it could run long enough without the heat tripping the cpu).

Tablets and smartphones use low power ARM processors and can sink away heat more efficiently. Desktop CPUs are much larger, consume more power so need to dissipate more heat. Large heat sinks, Fans, even fluid cooling.

My HP laptop has a cooling fan, most do.

• asad

Its like mobile phone and having very less capacity compare to latops and desktops.

Tablets don't have air flow because it has no ventilation.

One of the biggest downsides to mobile devices.