Why should u support trans people?

I feel as if they want so much attention and that most of them only change gender for attention and are now trying to get there own public bathrooms, I dislike me them 

• reme_1

THey go thru hormones, therapy and multiple surgeries just for the attention? Are you insane!!!!!!!!!

Gender dysphoria is a real thing that real people struggle with. Real trans people transition to lessen their dysphoria. Not transitioning would result in suicide for the majority of the trans community. Kalvin Garrah makes great points about this in his videos. 

It's irrational to be prejudiced against an entire group of people even if you don't like what impression you have of them.

Just leaving them alone and treating them as any other human is enough support. 

Where you are constantly dividing people into groups, marginalising  you are causing conflict instead of friendship. 

I don't understand everything about anyone but I don't need to to respect their individuality. 

Actually Adam, I don't need your 'support'.  

If we "only change gender for attention"  (we don't change gender, by the way) explain why we (transsexuals) make every attempt to blend into society?  "are now trying to get there own public bathrooms"  Perhaps if you paid the tiniest of attention, you would realize how stupid that opinion is.Finally, you wrote "I dislike me them"  I suggest that you get therapeutic help, too learn to at least like yourself.

• if you were really trying to blend into society, you wouldnt dress up like the opposite sex

Trans people don't change gender. I don't want attention either. I just want to be accepted as a woman.

• Elizabeth
      2 weeks agoReport

@ Bamabe:  Are you a religious nut job yourself?

• abcdef

I support human dignity and equality.  I believe in democracy and those are the basis of it.  Your personal emotions notwithstanding.

• Elizabeth
      2 weeks agoReport

@ Bamabe: Are you a religious nut job yourself?

The irony here is they don't want attention because they are trans. When they transition they don't want it to be a huge deal but everyone else, especially transphobes, make it a huge deal.  

Nobody changes gender. 

Trans people don't want their own bathrooms. This is something that transphobes want. 

"I dislike me them"

It sounds like you may have shown your hand there.

• mac

welcome to the world of ..look at me  look at me..trans have been using their "chosen" bathrooms for yrs and yrs.....only the millennials want to make something about it

• "change gender"

False premise. Most people are born with a gender identity programmed into their brain that matches the sex of the body they were born into, transsexual people aren't; that's what transsexualism is. So when trans people transition they are affirming their inborn gender identity, not changing it.

http://forum.beginninglifeforums.com/index.php/t/1...

"I feel as if they want so much attention"

False premise #2. If trans people could instantly change and be completely unnoticeable they would, but that's not reality. In the real world transition takes years to complete. So for a while trans people can stick out a bit. But, as I said, this can't be helped and eventually most do blend back into society.

"now trying to get there own public bathrooms"

False premise #3. Nobody is advocating for trans specific bathrooms. Once they start transitioning most trans people use the bathroom that matches their gender identity. Some people are calling for single occupancy bathrooms to be labeled as being all gender or gender neutral and I don't see why that would be an issue for anyone since we're talking about a single occupancy bathroom.

Any other myths, misconceptions or false information I can debunk for you?

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)