Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 weeks ago

If someone walked in a room & said hello with a big smile to all but you would you be hurt & would you “make” them say hi?

By saying “hello ..,,” pointedly?

You have neutral face, like everyone, you are not frowning.

Yes they see you

Update:

There are 8 others in the room...

Update 2:

I do not live in USA troll... f... off

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

No, I'd get over it. I wouldn't be hurt. I would accept that not everyone is going to like me or greet me and I would not passive aggressively try to force them to greet me by saying hello. But I also wouldn't keep continually asking questions like this one over and over.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

they did say hello to you, they just said it to everyone at the same time

• 3 weeks ago

If this person has deliberately excluded you, decide how much emotional attention you want to give them.  Where do you really wish to put your energy and time?

• Cara
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Why do you have a "neutral" face? Why not try a welcoming smile? That's one way to make friends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I wouldn't want that individual to see my weaknesses. Nor anyone else in the room for that matter. If they did it on purpose, why give them the satisfaction of knowing that they got what they wanted. You would be showing everyone that this person knows how to play you like a fiddle. You aren't being strong by saying Hey! you didn't say hello and smile at me! You are stronger than that person by just not even letting that bother you. In fact, Why realize that it even happened at all?

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I would say hello to them and include their name in a clear, loud voice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.