Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Why are some younger women often condescending, rude & dismissive of older women 40+?

Update:

Am aware some older women are rude!

This is about the young preying on the old

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

"Okay, Boomer" and other such memes have made it acceptable for Millennials to trash their parents and grandparents publicly. This isn't just a woman thing.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i dont think theyre all like that

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Some people are snotty know-it-alls who think being snarky makes them cool. I haven't noticed that any particular gender or age group is especially prone to this; seems to me this bad attitude is "an equal opportunity employer" so to speak. 

• 4 weeks ago

Rudeness an condescending behavior just comes with the age. The spirit of youth and just plain bad habits of developing that kind of personality through what they call group consciousness. (Hanging out and behaving and speaking in that way with their peers). They develope themselves much like the gangsters developed their own worthless, I don't give a cr*p about nothing attitude. They walk their talk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

as someone of 40 plus, I have NEVER had a younger woman do that that me, neither has any of my friends, to my knowledge.

But perhaps there are some really shallow young girls who don't value anyone who isn't attractive - be that older woman or girls their own age

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some younger women are so conscious of their own sexuality, that they scorn any older woman who looks like she's "past it" and therefore doesn't have any value.

Well, those babes' futures are awaiting them . . .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.