hughes1989 asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

Dental pain/Does some people have deeper tooth roots than others?

I have gotten 2 tooth removed, and i need two more extracted. The first removal was horrible it took an hour to get it out and was told that i had deep roots. The second removal was 4 weeks ago and was also horrible i was 15 weeks pregnant and my blood pressure was 201/96 it also took an hour for that removal. And i was told it took so long this time because the infection was holding on to the tooth. The next day i went into labor and lost my son. Now im even more terrified to go back. I now have a tooth that has to come out immediately as the infection has traveled aboved my eye, im on antibiotics for. But the dentist asked to pull it today i wanted to wait till the infection was completely gone. Does having deep roots or having an infection make the extraction and after the extraction more painful? 

Update:

After the extraction is the most painful, its unbearable. I was sent home with ibuprofen and amoxicillin. The first two days i spent on the floor crying for hours, the pain hit before i even made it out of the dentist office. The phamacy even rushed giving my prescription as i was in tears waiting on them to fill it. I just want to know is this common witg extractions? Thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're not pregnant now, get IV sedation. You won't remember a thing about the horrible ordeal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.