How to add a column to the end of a table in HTML?

So I am teaching myself web development and I decided by working on a little project would be the best way.

I wanted to create a small site that would list all of the college bowl games and a user could add their picks, but all I seem to know how to do is add rows.

How would I add a column to this table that would have the persons name at the top and listed below is all of their picks. How would I do that?

Update:

I assume once I start teaching myself typescript I would get the add new player button working, but right now I am just adding everything manually. baby steps..

Attachment image

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

the best sources of information vary but you must always try w3schools first as the people that think all this stuff up its a good place to start. But other developer sites also help when a specific task appears a bit tricky to implement. you have probably stumbled across a tricky thing to do and it may involve using CSS or Javascript to actual achieve it. the links below should help a bit but they dont necessarily answer the question.

• husoski
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

w3schools is NOT "the people that think this stuff up".  Period.  There is no connection between them and The World-Wide Web Consortium (the *real* W3C).  None whatsoever.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

<table>

<tr>

<td>Date</td>

<td>Time</td>

<td>Bowl</td>

<td>Points</td>

<td>Location</td>

<td>Matchup</td>

<TD>NEW COLUMN</TD>

</tr>

</table>

Just add <td>...</td> to each <tr>...</tr>.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.