What should I do if I see my boss blatantly being unfair to my coworkers?

The boss is blatantly being unfair. She just tells everybody else that my coworker doesn't deserve to be treated with respect and that he's stupid. She straight out calls him stu pid. In front of his coworkers, in front of his family, every and anybody. Sometimes I am just perplexed why or how he takes it. I've seen the boss actually physically hit him sometimes. At this point I'm just wondering if he actually is stu pid. He doesn't stand up for himself at all. Its kind of sick tbh. I don't know why it affects me so much but I can't go to work anymore. It physically makes me want to vomit when I think about it. I'm pissed at how he can't stand up for himself and how he keeps letting her hit him and push him around. I don't know if he is worth my time to protect. I feel like he's baiting his coworkers and then when we come to save him he uses that against us too. He actually PROTECTS the boss from any of our allegations.

• mokrie
    Favorite Answer

If the boss answers to anyone above them then go to that person and report this behavior. Only other option is to quit.

If the employee is still protecting the boss, nothing you can do.  

If she's hitting an employee, that's a grievance that can be taken directly to your HR department or with your state's department of labor board. Report it.

• Try talking to him about it, try to find out what's going on with him. You should go to HR, or your boss's boss and let them know what's going on. Some time standing up for your self can backfire on you. Specially if he does it in front of other staff. She shouldn't be doing that, specially hitting an employee, that is abuse and harassment. She could get fired for that. 

If she feels that your co worker is not capable of doing his job, she should fire him (if she has the power to hire and fire people) or recommend him for termination. If he gets fed up with her behavior and nothing gets better for him, then he should find another job. Maybe sticking around is a way of standing up for him self. 

How about minding your own business and/or maybe helping him out if you can?

• Steve2 weeks agoReport