Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

Jack russell just ate two cigars?

She tore them open in my room and ate most of it. Will she be ok? We cant afford our own med care, nevermind a vet. Is there anything i can do at home if needed? Please thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

If you can't afford to care for a pet the answer is simple, don't get one. You can afford cigars and fancy fabric but no money for vets fees.

• 9 months ago

The dog will look cooler from now on. Depending on what you dress him in, he may even look more sophisticated.

• 9 months ago

dont believe a word child

• 9 months ago

No, the dog will NOT BE OKAY.  VET - NOW!  It will suffer Nicotine POISONING.  (Google it in canines.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

This could kill your dog.   I'm not kidding.

Cigars have 100 times the nicotine as a cigarette (100 - 200 mg vs. 1-2 mg).

I'm guessing your dog weighs about 10 kg (22 pounds).  The median lethal dose of nicotine is 9 mg per kg.   That's 90 kg for your dog.   And your dog ate 200-400 mg.

Vet.  Now.

You can try making her vomit by administering hydrogen peroxide orally, but it doesn't always work and then you've just wasted a bunch of time.

• 9 months ago

Hopefully she will throw up but if not, she does have a good chance of dying. Try sticking your fingers down her throat to get her to vomit.

• 9 months ago

it will probably throw up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.