How can I save my plant?

I bought this little succulent on November 1 and I've attached a picture from the day I bought it. I will comment a picture of what it looks like today. Many of the leaves fell off/died so I removed them from the pot and that is what is left. I've been keeping it in a window and watering it about once a week (and I tried avoiding getting the leaves wet.) I'm not sure what i did wrong or why it would be dying. 

I had also taken one of the healthy looking leaves and set it off to the side to let it dry and grow roots so I could replant it (I read on somewhere that you could do this), but it just shriveled up and turned dark. If anyone has any tips lets me know. Thank you!

My guess is you're over-watering it.  The soil needs to dry out between watering.  

Use a bigger pot.

• Jordyn4 weeks agoReport

when i bought it they told me i don't need to re pot it for about a year. is it outgrowing its pot? and if i re pot it will the leaves eventually grow back?

(here is picture from today)