Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 3 weeks ago

I had to turn off my hot water because of a leak. Is it ok to use cold water to wash my hands and do the dishes?

Favorite Answer

Sure, it's fine, might be a bit harder to wash it.

• Edna

Cold water will work as well as hot water. But, have you never thought of drawing up a pan of cold water and putting it on the stove and heating it up, to get some hot water to wash your hands and do the dishes? 

why are you asking us for permission to wash your dishes or hands in cold water? If you don't like cold water, then heat some up in a pan on the stove and add it to the dish water.

Meanwhile, if you have to use cold water and you're concerned about bacteria or whatever, add a fourth a cup of bleach to the dish water to get rid of germs.

• Eva

Cold water to do dishes, no. Heat up the water on the stove and pour it into the sink.

• ron h

I'd try to heat a pot of water to warm up the dishwater to help clean the dishes. 

Gas leak yes if the water is shut off the valve wont allow cold water.

i dont see why not