Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Do you have to take the whole deer when you hunt one?

Do you have to take the whole deer or can you just take part of the meat? In a you tube video Urban Hunterz made they only took part of the deer and were fine.

• Rick
    Favorite Answer

Of course you don't.  You can be just like the slob hunting elephant poachers in Africa who sacrifice and waste good edible meat just to harvest the ivory tusks.  I have no respect for those "hunters" either.

all except the guts

Absolutely not.  You can eat part of it right there where it falls if you so desire.

• Quinn

If by whole deer, you actually meant the WHOLE deer, then no.  What it comes down to is whether the game warden determines what you left behind constitutes wastage.  If so, then you will be fined.  What his criteria for this determination depends on the law and his judgement.

My person take is that you should harvest as much meat as you can. You can always freeze the portion you don't plan to consume in the immediate timeframe. Or you could give it away to someone - just don't try to sell it. That's against the law.

• BOBBER

You don't have to take the whole deer. But if you leave any meat on the carcus you could and should be fined. I personally take the whole deer. I take all the meat. I trade the hide for gloves. I take the cactus back to the woods for the birds and predators. That deer died for you. You owe it to use it all.

Seems a waste of a good hunting trip, or are you like some that buy 10 steaks at the market just to throw 5 away.

Believe it or not but this is my first entry into this section in over 3 months. 

I can see exactly what a few are speaking of when speaking  about daniel g,

Adam D and USAF and their answers. If you carefully read their answers 

you will see that they are more interested in focusing on their abilities

and equipment than answering the question.  The person asking could care

less how far daniel can shoot or how fantastic his 22-250 is. The same goes

for the other two mentioned. I noticed in a reply he brags about 99.99% 

of his shots are long distance and accuses the other person of not being

able to hit a barn wall from inside the barn.  I am sure we are all interested

in his 99.99% long shots. Maybe one day the three mentioned will grow up

or just go away. I have been on YA   for a while and I enjoy when people  

offer remedies for the problems asked about and certainly not how far you

can shoot or how your Beretta  could pierce 10 skulls.

daniel g and the rest, why don't you just step back and take a good look at 

yourself.

• nocountmf4 weeks agoReport

since you're so open with your "answers" you should be open with your identity, pussy

Check your local laws

• Henry

I don't think it matters as long as you follow the law of the area you are in.