Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

Does this sound fishy or nah ?

Husband works at a gym as a fitness instructor.

Husband got gym membership to another gym.

Husband goes to other gym in-between clients at his work gym.

Asked husband to cancel gym membership to save money.

Husband begrudgingly agrees, while wife cancels her makeup membership.

Husband takes cash out of atm the same time his membership is usually due. 

Bank statement shows he spent money at gym on a protein shake. 

Wife suspects he used cash to pay for his membership.

Gym is in X town, but there are 6 other gyms closest to his job.

Why would husband go to a gym further from his job (AT A GYM) when there’s 6 others that are closer?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I mean it sounds weird but it could be true, doesn't seem all that weird.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Maybe that gym has more amenities like an indoor pool and hot tub or better weight machines? I think it is strange period he would want to go to another gym when he already works at a gym. Is he having an affair? I don't think so based on this unless you find receipts where he is taking out a lot of money and other signs of cheating.

• Chris
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Some gyms are better than others.

• 3 weeks ago

Does that sound fishy? Not really. I have a son and daughter that go to the gym and don't go to the closest one either.

There are different styles of gym, different cultures within the gyms - some that appeals to one kind of people and some that appeal to others. There are some for those that are there for serious workouts, Some that are more for those who simply want to say "I go to the gym" and simply want to meet people. Some are full of young people and others have a large age spread. Some have a lot of classes you can do - Zumba, cardio, hip and thighs, intensity training, etc, and others just supply equipment and the space. Some have a lot of knowledgeable staff and others just have someone on the door. Some offer training programs and others just let you do what you know. Some are better for muscle builders and serious health fanatics. Some that encourage regular visits and some that have a high percentage of casuals. Some that have pools, saunas, spas, child care, physios, and so on while others do not. Some are only open during working hours and some are open longer or even 24 hours.

They are not all equal in what they offer, what their aim is, the atmosphere in the gym, or the type of people that go there. So not choosing the closest one isn't immediately suspicious to me.

And not wanting to workout where you work so you might be bothered by people wanting your help or assistance when actually on time off? I get that too. 

Yeah it does sound like he is lying about not going there any more. But that doesn't mean he is cheating. 

Unless you have some other reason to doubt him?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

1 - Why would a wife not ask her husband;

2 - Why would a wife think strangers know her husband better than she does;

3 - A makeup membership?

• 3 weeks ago

So he doesn't run into his clients at a different gym and deal with their opinions and judgement about his workouts or abilities.

• 3 weeks ago

So many hypotheticals.  And you figured this out how?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Maybe he wants a break from his customers. 

I am a veterinarian who used to live in the neighborhood where I work and it was a real pain.  While I really like most of my clients, when I'm at the grocery store buying tampons and a bottle of wine, I really don't want the cashier asking me about why his cat is scratching himself.  I've earned my off-duty time.

I moved and the commute is completely worth the time and expense in terms of sanity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.