Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

How to make wife appreciated?

Her and I have a few kids and they are young. Life is stressful. We split duties and I feel that we are 50/50 on chores. However she feels that she is unappreciated. I get her random massages, flowers, help out with the kids everyday. She was upset that we did get one night out and I didn’t spend as much time with her as she would have liked. 

I really don’t know what I can do better. She never has seemed attention from me. I asked her what I need to do and she said she doesn’t know. I really need some opinions here. Thx 

• KTJoe

Wife's being hormonal give her "I love you" several times a day. So how's the sex life.

"She was upset that we did get one night out and I didn’t spend as much time with her as she would have liked" So when you DID have the chance to spend some time one on one time together, alone, you didn't make the most of that opportunity? By having other people around or spending time with those others? Can't see why she might be cheesed off by that? OK, you do have problems.

PS> You don't "help out with the kids" just like you don't "babysit" them. As the other parent you are just doing your share, not doing her a "favor". That attitude might be a problem for her. "Whatever I do I am actually doing, its really YOUR job so you should appreciate it/me for that". That generally doesn't go down well.

If I am wrong about that, I apologise. .

It is Thanksgiving and I think you really care.  Maybe save up and buy her a nice Tanzanite Ring.   They are beautiful and different.  You can tell here that it is rare,  like her beauty and spirit.  Happy Holidays!!

Consider doing some of her chores one day, and then go on and on about how difficult they were for you. That will give her efforts validation. The attention thing is more difficult. I suggest you look towards the future and plan a night out. Having something to look forward to on your calendar can make all the crap life throws at you bearable (for you too).

sit down with her and talk to her. listen to her.

Ask her questions. if she says, I dont know, ask her, then how am I supposed to know what you want/need?

Give her time to think about it. explain that he's very stressful, it's stressful for you too. but you two have to really work at the marriage for the family to be strong.

A good marriage just doesn't happen, it takes work.

You are trying, you are helping. so you need her to do the same. Stress the idea of a strong marriage creates a strong family.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Maybe she's just feeling lonely? Sometimes, even if we are in a crowd of people and around our families, we can still feel lonely. Maybe you two could get away for a weekend soon or an over night somewhere?