what should i do?

my dad keeps insisting that he wants to redo my room and repaint it and everything but i dont want to i think my room is fine even though there a couple of things wrong but no one really goes in my room so i feel like its not a big deal/ Also its not falling apart at all like its not like the paints dripping or anything so i dont see the need to redo my room but again my dad keeps insisting on it and mentioning it but i clearly dont want to and now i am worried that my dad is gonna do it anyways behind my back and it makes me really furious. He is also stubborn too and wont accept anything and it pisses me off so what should i do because i dont want my room redone. I really see no need to redo my room but clearly he does and its annoying. I consider my room my happy place and my place to go to get away from people and my dad going in there and working on my room is basically breaking that peaceful place. Especially since my aunt and uncle like to come over to help my dad which i definitely dont want the two of them in my room either. I dont want anyone in my room and i dont care if its to help or redo my room i clearly dont want it redone and i dont want anyone in my room. Also i am not living or sleeping on the couch while my dad is painting my room because i cant get comfortable on the couch and am gonna get no sleep at all then so there is definitely no way that i am letting my dad or anyone redo my room and i clearly dont want it redone either so they need to respect that

I'd start cleaning up your room, sort organized and trash clutter.

Donate clothes that you dont wear

Get rid of games and toys you dont use.

Clean out dresser and get rid of it they take up space and hold clutter. Baskets in closet work well. Plus hooks

This would give you the opportunity to go through your stuff privately and clean it up.

We did this with our kids so they would clean room.

On occasion we would paint and tell them. They boxed and moved their stuff and we painted quickly and got the room back together.

Maybe you could pick a nice paint color you like and can live with for a few years. 

New bedding completes the room.

• I care

It calls for a huge COMMUNICATION between you and dad.....and explain your feelings.  good luck. He needs to share why he wants to do this......was it his idea or moms? 

Wow first world problems at their finest

his home, his decision

i would just let him do it if you dont want an angry dad around

The reality is that your father does NOT "need to respect" the fact that you don't want him in your room or doing anything with your room. It's not a cave in a house.. it's a room in a house. Sorry. I wanted that too but never got it ether. Also, when I moved out, things like what I thought was "my" lamp and "my" bed and even "my" clothes.... weren't!

I totally get it, I hate when people come into my room too especially when I want to be alone. You're entitled to your privacy and alone time. Just remember your dad is most likely doing this from the best intention. He probably just wants you to have a really nice room because he wants the best for you. So maybe approach him and show him you appreciate his effort and intention but you're happy with how things are. I'd probably come to a third option where you can make some adjustments to your room without needing to redecorate the whole room. Just tell him that you'll have a clear out and if there's places that need a quick retouch you'll sort it out with or without his help (up to you). Good luck!