what do you think of HBO'S watchmen?

First of all I'm a straight person of color who is a liberal.  I was hyped for this show and the first episode left a bad taste in my mouth because of the cringy agenda.  I also hated how they made  rorshach a symbol for racism for some reason.  To be fair the show has gotten better with the recent episode being the best so far. it focused on looking glass and he finds out the truth about certain that I don't want to spoil. I hope the show atleast explains why they did rorshach like that and adrian vite AKA ozymandious is my favorite character on the show. what did you think of the show?

I'm really enjoying it.  I'm old enough that I read the comic book series when it was released and was absolutely blown away.  I feel the same about the TV series.  While Moore's original work was a commentary on the superhero genre as well as the politics of the UK under Thatcher (and the US under Ronnie Ray-Gun), the TV series is a similar commentary on the racist US police state under Trump.  It's a true spiritual successor.  I realize HBO has said it was meant to be one season only, but I hope they change their minds and we get to see more of this world, maybe a new season every few years focusing on a different part of the world.

• Random Guy
      3 weeks agoReport

eh, I think the show is good but I hope it doesn't shove identity politics down the viewer's throats