why isn't there restaurants anymore are like the old western saloon?

You know restaurants that are made like the old western saloon. For example, the atmosphere is very stylistic. The restaurant has pictures, wall paper, nice fancy clock, they have really fine looking tables, and the piano is at the corner for the pianist. There is a nice carpet on the floor.

I mean with chain restaurants even olive garden you don't get this kind of stuff any more.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Plenty of places like that, too many to even begin to list, maybe just none near you

• Philip H
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

That's a fact but there is more profit and stability in owning a franchise restaurant.

• 6 days ago

There are search wider go to park city utah!

• 3 weeks ago

You have to get out of the city and go to the old mining towns form the 19th century in the Rockies, Black Hills, and the Sonoran Desert. The old taverns are scattered around these areas. Some have player pianos and some have guest pianists on special occasions. I like the taverns that have done a limited amount of restoration and still have a complete bar setup from the era. Deadwood, SD. is one of my favorites to get started. Also, if you have a 4X4 you can check out ghost towns.

• 3 weeks ago

There are plenty of those in places like Wyoming, Montana, Colorado etc., where they still have county fairs and rodeos. (And it's ro-dee-oh, not ro-day-oh).

Source(s): Started life in Wyoming
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago
  • David
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

What you describe is far from an "old western saloon".  They were mostly a bar with dance hall floozies.  Watch the HBO series Dead Wood to see what the food was like in a saloon.

• 3 weeks ago

You never did in the "old West" either. That you describe might have been found in some high class and expensive places in cities like Chicago, San Francisco, or New Orleans, but not in REAL "Old Western Saloons". Saloons were BARS and most didn't serve meals.

Source(s): Family History, Genealogy
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

there might still be some around but they might not be in your area

• 3 weeks ago

Getting drunk in public and having a shootout in the streets is not socially acceptable in today's American West.

Back in 1965 I did witness one of those fights that often erupted in those old Western Movies while in a bar in Nuevo Laredo. It erupted suddenly and nearly Everyone participated.

As I was leaving the local Mexican Police were arriving on the scene.

Thank God I got out and didn't have to spend a night in a Mexican Jail!

PS: Usually there is more profit and stability in owning a franchise restaurant. You need to get away from the shopping malls to find the interesting places.

• 3 weeks ago

Go find a family owned restaurant.

I think you'll find plenty in Europe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.