Could he be arrested?

I have learning disabilities and BPD and have Ben raped in the past, my boyfriend says because of these things he could be arrested if we had sex because it could be seen as him taking advantage. Could he be arrested?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Ask your mental health professional to provide you with a letter stating that your intellectual age is at least 18. But yeah, if you're considered mentally and emotionally a child he could get into trouble.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Not enough information.  How old are you and what state or country you're talking about.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No, he won't be arrested. Unless your medical condition prevents you from giving willful consent, that is not an issue. 

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

sign a consent form, have it notarized. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If you are an adult and are not incompetent, probably not. 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No, if you're an adult, or at least over the age of consent.  Adults with learning disabilities and BPD are certainly capable of giving consent to sex. He's not going to be arrested.

I think you should talk this over with your therapist. This guy sounds somewhat strange.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

That what would go against him?  You'd have to accuse him of coercing you, of raping you, for him to be in any potential trouble, UNLESS you are under a guardianship because you're incapable of functioning as an adult. Are you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.