Health Insurance Outside The Marketplace?

I am a 64 year old retired single male that lives in New Jersey. I applied for Health Insurance on the government website, but also investigating possible cheaper health insurance plans outside the marketplace before I commit. I do not qualify for the subsidy since I make about $60,000 with my social security and pension monies. I went to a site on-line, put in some basic information including my phone number. Immediately I started receiving phone call and texts, and they have been constant for 10 days now. Made one phone call, and after a run around I was disconnected. Are any of these health insurance plans outside of the marketplace legitimate? If so, how would a person know? I read these are mostly scams. Any direction or advice appreciated. Thank-You!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Those are agents who paid for leads based on your interest in this insurance...thats what most of those websites do...build lists of prospects to sell to agents.  

• 2 weeks ago

There are legitimate health insurance policies outside of the marketplace.  In fact, there are better plans outside the marketplace for the same cost as in the marketplace - increased provider network, etc.

You are unlikely to find a legitimate plan that is less expensive than through the marketplace. 

• Anonymous
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

You are also unlikely to find a legitimate plan on the marketplace that's less expensive than one off the marketplace without getting subsidies.

• 3 weeks ago

There are legitimate health insurance plans outside the marketplace.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

There are real insurance policies outside of the marketplace.

To find a legitimate policy that is not a scam - talk to actual insurance agents in your area to see what options might be available.   

• drip
      Lv 7
      4 days agoReport

What is an actual insurance agent? How do you find one? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.