Health Insurance Outside The Marketplace?

I am a 64 year old retired single male that lives in New Jersey. I applied for Health Insurance on the government website, but also investigating possible cheaper health insurance plans outside the marketplace before I commit. I do not qualify for the subsidy since I make about $60,000 with my social security and pension monies. I went to a site on-line, put in some basic information including my phone number. Immediately I started receiving phone call and texts, and they have been constant for 10 days now. Made one phone call, and after a run around I was disconnected. Are any of these health insurance plans outside of the marketplace legitimate? If so, how would a person know? I read these are mostly scams. Any direction or advice appreciated. Thank-You!

Those are agents who paid for leads based on your interest in this insurance...thats what most of those websites do...build lists of prospects to sell to agents.  

There are legitimate health insurance policies outside of the marketplace.  In fact, there are better plans outside the marketplace for the same cost as in the marketplace - increased provider network, etc.

You are unlikely to find a legitimate plan that is less expensive than through the marketplace. 

2 weeks agoReport

You are also unlikely to find a legitimate plan on the marketplace that's less expensive than one off the marketplace without getting subsidies.

There are legitimate health insurance plans outside the marketplace.

There are real insurance policies outside of the marketplace.

To find a legitimate policy that is not a scam - talk to actual insurance agents in your area to see what options might be available.   

• drip
      4 days agoReport

What is an actual insurance agent? How do you find one?