Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 4 weeks ago

How am I suppose to treat my anxiety disorder?

I’m a college student, both my parents are under Medicare health insurance, Medicare only does individual plans, so I can’t be covered under any of my parents health insurance, my father is retired and my mother is on disability until she retires. My parents make too much money for me to qualify for Medicaid. My job isn’t letting me sign up for the company health insurance for 120 dollars a month and a 1500 dollar deductible. Before my mother was on Medicare after she lost her job due to a medical incident she had to seek out private health insurance, blue cross blueshield for 700 dollars a month and a 3200 dollar deductible and that cost was determined by the household income so that means that my health insurance would be that much a month which I’m not capable of affording that much a month a month due to me being in college. I have an anxiety disorder and I can’t afford therapy or afford medication out of pocket and I can’t afford health insurance so I guess my mental health is a lost cause due to the lack of money. I have anxiety attacks on the weekly basis and the most I can do is just sit there and let them happen cuz I can’t afford an emergency room bill and I can’t afford a doctors appointment so I have to sit there and take it. In fact why do some people go to the emergency room everytime they have an anxiety attack if they know it’s an anxiety attack?

• Lisa A

"Why do some people go to the emergency room every time they have an anxiety attack if they know it’s an anxiety attack?"

That's a great revelation. If you know it is an anxiety attack, then it is not an emergency. And you can stop it yourself, so there is no need for medical help at all.

Medicare isn't a plan, it's welfare for the elderly and permanently disabled.  

If you qualify by working enough hours, your job WILL let you sign up during open enrollment - the one time of year you can sign up.  

Maybe your mental health "problem" is a normal reaction to the situations you are putting yourself in.  Step away from the smartphone for six months, and see if things are better.  That won't cost you anything at all.  

individual health insurance costs is determined by age.  Your mom is significantly older then you, so her costs will be more expensive than yours.

"I have anxiety attacks on the weekly basis and the most I can do is just sit there"

NO YOU DON'T... there are thousands of websites that provides tips to avoid or reduce anxiety.  USE THEM!

Yours would not be that much unless you insisted on having it determined by your income. You could get one with the price determined by you age and it would cost much less. The only reason that she had to spend that much was because at her age, a plan with the price determined by her age would cost more, but at your age it would cost less.

Look for natural remedies

< In fact why do some people go to the emergency room everytime they have an anxiety attack if they know it’s an anxiety attack? >

Good question, it's not life threatening.