Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 3 weeks ago

real estate question?

I’m selling my house the real estate agent I have made visit every day. I can’t stay on the property when she makes a visit. My coat was hanging on a chair she took it and put it in the laundry basket the same thing with my PJ who was folded on my bed. The question is is she allowed touching my things when prepping the visit. 

• Ramona

When she says you can't be on the property when she's showing means nothing connected to you can be there either other than what she agrees to have there like beds or other furniture. If you leave your personal things behind, she will move them. You agreed to this when hiring her.

Yes she is. It will say so in the papers you signed under something like "reasonable preparations for viewings".

She's helping you. A prospective buyer doesn't want to see your clothes lying around the place.

Of course she is, when you don't have the brains to put away your things yourself.

• Judy

She's doing you a favor, cleaning up after you for showing the house. Yes she's allowed.

• LILL

Your paying her to sell your home.  The least YOU can do is to tidy up the place to make it more attractive to a buyer.  Your realtor is really nice to do this for you.  Get over it.

If you want your house sold she is.

Absolutely.  You've given them permission to enter your home unsupervised and you asked them to use their professional expertise to show your home so it will sell.  The reality is that how buyers now want to see a home (show ready) is not how most of us live our lives. Everything needs to be put away.  

If you have issues with people touching your stuff, which is understandable, please have a conversation with your realtor.  Ask about a check list of things you should do before you leave.

Tidying up a messy house isn't illegal.

Why is your realtor coming to your house everyday ? 

• Greg

Really? Are you trying to sell the house? I bet if you read the contract that you signed with the agent you will find that you are supposed to keep the house presentable.

There is no law against a visitor to your home touching your clothing.   If you want your house to sell quickly and for a good price, put your shiit away so your agent doesn't have to do it.