Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 3 weeks ago

real estate question?

I’m selling my house the real estate agent I have made visit every day. I can’t stay on the property when she makes a visit. My coat was hanging on a chair she took it and put it in the laundry basket the same thing with my PJ who was folded on my bed. The question is is she allowed touching my things when prepping the visit. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ramona
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

When she says you can't be on the property when she's showing means nothing connected to you can be there either other than what she agrees to have there like beds or other furniture. If you leave your personal things behind, she will move them. You agreed to this when hiring her.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes she is. It will say so in the papers you signed under something like "reasonable preparations for viewings".

She's helping you. A prospective buyer doesn't want to see your clothes lying around the place.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Of course she is, when you don't have the brains to put away your things yourself.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

She's doing you a favor, cleaning up after you for showing the house. Yes she's allowed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LILL
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your paying her to sell your home.  The least YOU can do is to tidy up the place to make it more attractive to a buyer.  Your realtor is really nice to do this for you.  Get over it.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

If you want your house sold she is.

• 3 weeks ago

Absolutely.  You've given them permission to enter your home unsupervised and you asked them to use their professional expertise to show your home so it will sell.  The reality is that how buyers now want to see a home (show ready) is not how most of us live our lives. Everything needs to be put away.  

If you have issues with people touching your stuff, which is understandable, please have a conversation with your realtor.  Ask about a check list of things you should do before you leave.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Tidying up a messy house isn't illegal.

Why is your realtor coming to your house everyday ? 

• Greg
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Really? Are you trying to sell the house? I bet if you read the contract that you signed with the agent you will find that you are supposed to keep the house presentable.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

There is no law against a visitor to your home touching your clothing.   If you want your house to sell quickly and for a good price, put your shiit away so your agent doesn't have to do it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.