Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

I'm almost 18 but having a baby fever, is this normal?

Most girls I know in my area do not want to have children because of the fear of being pregnant or that they believe that motherhood is a bad thing. I'm just shy of turning 18 and have been wanting to start a family since I was about 16, for more than just the thought of being pregnant. I understand that 18 is a young age and that I need to wait before I would want to have a family of my own, financially, etc. Is this normal for a person my age? 

I just wish to say that I am not stupid enough to go out of my way to achieve this at my age with some random man. It would be morally wrong in my view to do that. Besides, I am the type of person that would want it to be with someone that is meaningful to me, not a random guy off the street.

It's because you are a whore like the rest of them. You have nothing to live for or focus on rather than having sex. What a damn loser. **** YOU SLUT AND I HOPE YOU DIE OF CANCER!!!!! Die before you turn 18

• KatieC

Sure it’s normal. It’s just biology. Your body is reaching peak fertility, so your hormones are telling you to reproduce. That DOES NOT mean I’m telling you to go have babies, just trying to explain where the baby fever may come from. 

• sarah

I wouldn't consider that normal. It's been longer than I care to admit since I was 18, but I don't remember myself or any of my friends being super fixated on the idea of having kids. Of course, we all knew that if we slipped up and got pregnant, we would step up to the plate and raise the baby to the best of our ability (several friends actually did this), but we were more focused on college and careers and whatnot than having babies.

Just because it's atypical, though, doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you, so don't think that. I'd be willing to bet that you're just a very nurturing person who is going to be an awesome mama someday. :)

• Mark

Yes,

Young people your age used to pop

out babies all the time back in the

old dayz but it's harder to raise kids

now :(

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

Honey, you are too young for baby fever. What you are feeling isn't baby fever. Right now you just want something that you are way too young to have. You are mentally, emotionally & physically too young. Finish school, start college, learn to support yourself without help from your parents and grow up. Then you may have baby fever.

Baby rabies can strike at any age.

< I just wish to say that I am not stupid enough to go out of my way to achieve this at my age with some random man. >

During a bad break-out, anything is possible up to coupling in the street.

I have baby fever and I am only 17!

• MissA

Sure. Some people know they want to become moms at your age, some women grow into the idea as they get older, some never want to become mothers. As long as you're responsible and thoughtful about it: not doing it until you can afford it, are stable etc... it's perfectly fine.

Sure wasn't with me. I just wanted to date and have fun when I was 18. Same for everybody else I knew.

yes..................