Anonymous

I have someone doing a weird knock and run on my house and don’t know what to do!?

Basically for over a month know my house has been getting s ring at the door and every time we go to answer no ones been there. Recently it’s started to happen a lot, like multiple times a day. Weirdly it’s around the same times like at 11 in the morning or at night. We’ve got s camera but it’s not picking up anything from inside the window as it’s got night vision and we’re waiting to fit it outside! Anyway the last few times have been really weird. I went out and actually started looking around one time. I started hearing weird noises like a person imitating an animal. Sometimes we ignore it and just don’t answer. But now they’ve started ringing it again if we don’t do it’s like they’re watching us! I have no idea what to do we’re going to buy a new doorbell to make sure it’s not just playing up and hopefully get the camera fitting outside the door! Anyone got any other ideas!?

That brings back memories...😆. I did the same thing when I was a kid (I had a bad influence).

My friend (the bad influence) was bigger than me and couldn't run as fast as I could. The homeowner was waiting for us (it wasn't out first outing), and the moment the doorbell rang, he flung the door open and caught us (him, actually - I ran).

As I hid in the yard across the street, the homeowner announced through the darkness that he had a gun on my friend and that he was calling the cops. Whether he actually had a gun was beside the point - it wasn't illegal in those days to protect your property.

The cops eventually came and I gave myself up. Nothing happened to me when I got home (although I had an unspoken threat of punishment hanging over my head for a long time) but I did take time to consider what I did. Yes, childhood pranks were fun back then too, but those were the days when kids were taught responsibility to atone for their mistakes.

Things are so much different today - open the door to an unknown caller and it could be your last few moments on earth.I would suggest a remote camera located outside as well as a motion-activated security light that is triggered 30 feet or so away (whoever is doing it doesn't want to be seen - a light that flips on as they approach the door will do a lot to discourage any inappropriate activity, especially if they know they are being watched (post a sign that cameras are in use). If both the camera and security light are solar-powered, it will minimize the maintenance you'll have to do.

Bright lights

Big dog

Police

This is so damn weird o.o

Get yourself a weapon xD

• Rick

get & install a hunting 'trail cam' that is quiet & motion activated ...............