Why do people generalise a whole gender by one person?

Why? Just why?

For example one man harms a woman and now all men are misogynists and one woman lies about rape which means all women must lie.

Wheres the logic in that mindset because it seems to a popular mindset in the gender studies section. I dont get it. 

Unless you say stuff like all men have penises and produce sperm or all women have periods, give birth and have vaginas. You're talking utter crap.

What is wrong with you people?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • KatieC
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of it is caused by the media and our constant access to it. They choose these narratives to get clicks and then they publish story after story while ignoring anything that would “balance the score,” so to speak. Also, people are pack animals. We tend to like to stick to our own kind and think everyone else is a threat to us. 

• 2 weeks ago

Apparently it's easier to just attribute it as guilt by group association in a whole sense rather than attuning it to just the direct individual involved.

Which I think is utter bullsh!t, but hey...that's just MY take on it..

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Why do children think everyone is a unique snowflake and socialization and cultural behaviors don't exist and neither does class analysis? That's not how humans work. That's not how any animal works. You're idealizing individualism. It's cute, but it's factually untrue.

• 2 weeks ago

You are no longer allowed to say "all men have penises" or "all women can give birth".  This is insulting to all those who wish to BE the opposite gender despite the sex of their birth.  Gender is not permitted to be connected to sex any more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

i know thats why i have become just a person hater because of this stuff 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It's just lazy thinking. But it's not just gender. Far too many feel that you can know something about someone just by knowing their gender, race, religion, political affiliation or other relatively insignificant detail.

• liz
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There’s nothing logical about what you read here. But that doesn’t stop people coming out with it. Rules about dating preferences, biological imperatives, risk taking, trading youth for money, blah blah blah. People wouldn’t say most of this stuff in the real world because they’d get laughed at. 

• 3 weeks ago

"Why do people generalise a whole gender by one person?"

That's annoying for sure.  But let's face it, any individual person, male or female, can generalize according to their own experience and then just be dismissed by all others as a sexist, or racist, or whatever.  Not -too much- harm done.

This all changes once these opinions are backed up by ideology.  For example, a racist opinion from a KKK member holds much more opportunity for real danger than does the same opinion from some no-name racist.  Same with feminism.  A prominent feminist openly promoting hatred and violence against men is much more serious than some miscreant sjw that has no backing from an entire group like an ideological feminist does.

• 3 weeks ago

it's a function of the "biacameral" psychological function of the mind where it splinters off - like when you sit there and talk to yourself and ask yourself a question - who is talking to who exactly - it's this function where your mind forms different "people" in its thought process and gender is just part of the way it processes these functions - like the spanish language -  the nouns and articles of speech have a gender "personality" - like when you "pray" to the stock market or whatever - people project this inner sense of "personhood" at the world - even inanimate objects

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I guess they are idiots. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.