Should the nation gather around to support prince Andrew?

I rather adore our monarchy and even have distant relations with them.

I think it's god awful how we are treating the prince considering the hard work royalty has done for this country and those less fortunate then us.

The royalty binds our island together and the sheer thought of us turning into a French style Republic frankly disgusts me.

So why not support the royal at this time of need?

I had a glorious fire going in my mansion and have just opened a glorious glass of Shiraz.i am sure cheffy spotted a deer earlier on the heath surrounding my mansion.

• Jenna

I don't support pedophiles... regardless of how much I like someone. 

• Clo

The monarchy can be supported.

People need to be aware of their biases that prevent them from seeing the whole story. The media is an industry that thrives on scandal. Sadly, people love scandal and are willing to believe only the bade things because of the human frailty to feel better by putting others down. Andrew made some poor choices, but he is not the monarch, will never be the monarch. Politicians make poor decisions yet are elected and stay in office.

Andrew will be known for both the good and the bad--all of his history will be taken into account. He will be known for his active wartime duty in the Falklands. Andrew will be known for his younger years as the good-looking "Randy Andy" and his relationship with Koo Stark and other women who kissed and told. He will be known for his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie. Andrew will be known for standing by his ex-wife to raise their daughters. He will be known for the way his wife cuckolded him. Andrew will be known for his wheeling and dealing for British trade---but this is a mixed result. He did some good, but he also made some poor choices--gaining the nickname of "Air Miles Andy" for profligate travel expenditure. His choice of friends gained through his work for British trade was not always good; some of the people he has relationships with are known for not being the most honest, or trustworthy of business-folk. Andrew's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein will be part of his history.  Epstein was not a honorable man. That Andrew stayed friends with this man will be examined--Andrew's penchant for seeking freebies from the wealthy will be researched as part of the why the Duke remained friends with many questionable people.

• reme_1

Prince Andrew turned out to be an ***.

So you support a paedophile, well done.

Not for the first time in his life Prince Andrew has been revealed to have questionable friends.  He's also demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the current situation and a complete lack of empathy.

There are further issues to do with the interview that has recently aired that could place him under even greater scrutiny.

It's very much a case of watch this space!

Hello irish still trolling I see

• Clo
      3 weeks agoReport

The give-away that this is trolling: So why not support the royal at this time of need?