Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesNissan · 3 months ago

I'm thinking Nissan SUV's are built better than Toyotas. Am I off the mark here?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Toyota is overpriced and bc of the Taco name and reputation, but the 4runner and smaller SUVs do not share the implied longevity.

I just bought an Xterra and am SO glad I did, bc EVERYONE around here has a TRD that hasn't seen gravel and the potential for 300K+ miles is double that of the also ugly 4runner (they used to look good, now they look like bubble cartoon cars).

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If this were the pre-Renault days, Nissan was up there with Toyota in quality and reliability. That was 20 years ago. 

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You can think whatever you want.  I happen to disagree.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I've had three Toyotas and there won't be a fourth. They never lasted over 180,000 miles and we took good care.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Nissan has gone off the rails after its partnership with Renault.  They are now bottom of the pack in terms of reliability.  And yes, you are off the mark.

• 3 months ago

I have a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder, bought new. It is near perfect. I am glad I did.

• Terrence B
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I knew a guy that bought a Hyundai Excel in 1988. He put over 270,000 miles on it before it died. that doesn't mean those cars weren't junk... as for your Pathfinder; they are crap. You'll find out very soon. You're driving on borrowed time with that transmission. 

• 3 months ago

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. To support your opinion you need to do some research; test-drive each vehicle, read reviews and check for reliability reports.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

You're a real people person I see.  All talk, no insight.  You're not as smart as you believe. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.