What are some of the difficulties in shooting photographs for panoramic shots?

Check out this link (https://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/challenges-and... from Picture Correct

• Frank

moving subjects such as trees and grass are notoriously difficult to deal with.

getting enough shots is also a main problem for beginning pano shooters.  Always shoot wider than you think you'll need.

Parallax is also a problem especially when photographing a scene with near and far objects.  This is why you'd want to use a pano head.

• qrk

Shooting a panorama is not a difficult task. There are rules that make rendering the final pano easier, however, some of these rules can be broken.

Set your exposure to a fixed value (ISO, aperture, shutter speed, white balance). This means you need to meter for the brightest part of your pano. This rule can be broken as modern stitchers can adjust exposure, however, you won't have optimum results.

Use manual focus. You can use auto focus to focus on the part you want in focus, but switch off auto focus when shooting the pano. This rule can't be broken.

The camera needs to rotate about the effective aperture location (many tutorial talk about the optical nodal point, but this is technically incorrect and plain wrong). Often, this is towards the front of the lens. You can easily determine where the proper rotation point is. There are special tripod heads for panos that allow you to rotate the camera about the effective aperture location. If all of your scenery is far away you can break the rules and hand-hold the camera. I place my finger under the lens (towards the front on my lens) and rotate the camera about my finger while holding my body parts as stationary as I can. If you have foreground objects close by, this technique may not provide the best results. Using your body as the pivot is a bad technique and will cause excessive parallax issues. If you need to do a pano where you need to pan in the X and Y axis, you need a special pano head or contraption.

Overlap the images by at least 30%. This allows the stitcher to minimize vignetting, make slight exposure adjustments, and get rid of lens distortion.

Use raw file format. Convert the raw format to 16-bit TIFF. The TIFF file will be used in the stitching program. 16-bit allows you to make exposure adjustments in the final pano.

Use a good stitching program. Photoshop's stitcher is good. Even better is Hugin which is a free and very powerful stitcher. I prefer Hugin over Photoshop  as it has a good work flow, some of my panos are linear pans (as opposed to rotational), and some require aspect angle correction which is easily done in Hugin. Your final pano should be a 16-bit TIFF so you can make exposure adjustments to the final image.

Knowing how to use the camera.

Holding the camera still is one particular challenge