Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Would you remarry if the love of your life died?

Update:

When asked if she would remarry, Steve irwins wife responded that she already found her happily ever after, and I think that is a beautiful devotion that many people lack. Personally, I would never remarry.

Update 2:

My husband and I actually married after I secretly had a crush on him for 6 years and waited for him, though he already had a girlfriend at the time. Only dated three months and knew we were meant to be together. Only man I've ever dated, only one I ever will.

46 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Honestly i always said i wouldn't i couldnt see myself being able to give another the love i once had for him. It wouldnt be fair to them and i want to meet my love in heaven idk how that would work out if i married again. 

• 3 weeks ago

Hard to tell because I've never been married. I suppose it depends if I still had feelings for my spouse. If I could never shake those feelings then I wouldn't remarry. I feel like we'd have an argument one day where I'd say something hurtful like "My first wife would have never done this."

• 3 weeks ago

of course i would, i wouldn't deny myself a chance to be happy

• Why do you assume that I am married to the love of my life?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I’ve never been with the love of my life. We’re friends I guess. No one compares. If he died...I can’t imagine that.

• 3 weeks ago

My fiancé died in a car crash in 2009. I was so devastated I tried to go and join him. [Someone stopped me.] Ten years later - this September - I married my long term girlfriend. What we have is similar to what Rick and I had but so thoroughly different I don't think it detracts from what we had together - or would offend his memory. Rick's parents actually approve of what I did.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

I hope you can share many decades together.  You've already had quite enough misery for anyone's life.  

• 3 weeks ago

honestly, i dont know darlin. only destiny could tell🌺

• 3 weeks ago

No.................

• 3 weeks ago

Never say never, but I doubt it, marriage is hard and I didn't get married till my mid 30's I would most likely be to old the second time around.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You know, this is one of those things that couples do not talk about. They don't talk about death, dying, any of that because they honest to God think it could never happen early on. Newlyweds, people married 10 years, have their partner up and die from anything and nothing is discussed. That is scary to me.

My husband and I have actually had this conversation and we both agreed that if one of us were to drop dead at any time, we would 100% want the other to be happy and move on. Easier said than done, I know, but I would not want to miserable and alone and if I find someone else, great. If I don't, great. My husband is the most wonderful man and I love him so much, but he's not my whole life. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.