Whats a CHEAP Friendsgiving I can do?

My friends and I are all extremely poor. Our home lives are all different and the holidays can be difficult. For Thanksgiving, we wanted to make our own family dinner but we don't really have the money for anything. We're in high school so It's not like we can just go over to each other's homes and make something without bothering each other's families. Whats some stupid little things we could do to help make the holiday a little bit better?

• Foofa

If you can't all spend it together it's not really a "friendsgiving". The point of that is for people who don't have families to get together and make the best of it. You lot are too young to even need such an alternative to spending the day with your families.

• Kieth

Hot dogs, pizza, chips, whatever you like. It's about being thankful for what you have. The supermarket freezer section is full of ideas that are cheap and easy. One year, my thanksgiving dinner was MREs and well water, but we also got to blow some things up. Good times, good times.

I'd talk to a school counselor about this idea.

On your lockers do a go fund my turkey sign up...have a small write up on what you are doing.

I'd talk to the cafeteria supervisor to see if she had donations.

You’d said you’d wanted to make your own dinner, but finances are an issue. Yet your next statement implies you’d be unable to do that because you’d be underfoot wherever you’d chosen to celebrate. Run it by each of your parents, see if you can each contribute in some way to make this happen. It could be each kid contributing a side dish, preparing it beforehand, and asking if each could bring a meat serving to make a meal together. I’m sure they’d oblige you.

Better yet would be asking if one can prepare a small turkey before the holiday, pitched in and paid for by all of the chores you opt to do in exchange for the turkey funds. They’re pretty cheap, actually.

• Bob

Food is cheap. There is no way a group of people cannot afford to make a nice dinner if they want to, you should do exactly that,