Why can’t humans get along?

No seriously, is there like a chemical in our brains or something biological?

But seriously why can’t we stop discriminating? Personally I can’t care less if your black, white, red, or purple. If your Christian, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, etc. If your gay, straight, trans, bi, etc. to me what matters is how you treat others cuz, love IS love, ALL lives matter, and everyone is EQUAL.

Okay, how about this. Why do human discriminate, not just notice a slight difference, but judge and hate people over said difference?

Favorite Answer

It is human nature to discriminate.  As mentioned, humans self segregate.  Even within those segregated units they will further segregate.  Non-members are looked upon suspiciously.

Often there is some basis for the original suspicion when then is shared within the unit.  The original basis may be something violent or merely a misunderstanding.

You may not care about any of those things in your list and that love is loe, etc. but without adequate and common means of communicating, you may start to discriminate against things you either do not understand or do not agree with.  I suspect you already do in some form.  It is after all, human nature.

As for everyone being equal, well, horsepoop, unless you mean equal in the eyes of God - which I doubt you mean.

All lives matter?  I guess that depends on your definition of "life".

There are hosts of issues that humans can't even agree to the definition of and there is the essence of the issue.  Humans are individuals and do not all think alike.

• 4 weeks agoReport

Yes, that's the idea... remember that Native Americans and Africans weren't recognized as humans in the beginning, they were "primitives" not "humans with a different culture."

Humans can often get along just fine - it's only when things like religion, politics, etc. start to create divisions that they stop.

• reme_1

THANK YOU. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Because life isnt all rainbows and unicorns.

• Humans can get along, most just choose not to

I think over all there is a personalty trait in our brains.

Its identified as selfishness. I am astounded at how many people are so self centered even when it comes to their own children, most still put them self ahead of everyone else.

I'm not interested in getting along with anybody! I hate people and they hate me. I have no use for them and no time for them!

Definitely a nature vs nurture question.

Noticing differences and making associations to differences is one of the things that make a human intelligent. Your question is tied up in a huge mess, because humans also tend to segregate into like-thinking groups that have complete hate for other groups not within said "like thinking group"

Source(s): Is it a chemical? No, it's just how human brains work. You'll find the same level of hatred for phobes exist as phobes have for LGBT... getting out of the "hate cycle" is rather difficult.
  • Bob

So you are virtue signalling how great you are

Most humans get on fine

• Bob
      4 weeks agoReport

Well if you look at murder statistics globally we get on very well, it’s something like 0.05 % of the world per annum,