Micks asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Hello, english teachers, what does "it's not worth my sanity" mean?

Favorite Answer

It means you're not going to do a certain thing because it'll make you crazy if you do.

• reme_1

Doing something that would drive you crazy.

• frank

It is a task that is probably doable, but challenging such as teaching in a public school in an inner city, or working in a mental hospital.

Basically it means that doing something isn't going to be worth the stress or frustration it will cause - implying that doing this thing will make you crazy, so you're not going to do it.

Sanity. 

Sanity is the opposite of insanity. 

When you have sanity, you're mentally healthy and not acting crazy. 

Sanity is a word for having a healthy state of mind — people with sanity don't have any loose marbles.

But if you actually lost your sanity, you'd need some serious medical attention.

So "it's not worth my sanity" means "Its not worth for me to loose my mental health, and take stress about it."

It means whatever the subject is, is not worth doing as it will make someone mad/frustrate them/distress them etc. 

One will have a better state of mind by not undertaking whatever task it is, than by doing it. 

• Dr. D

Common expressions include: 

Not worth my time.

Not worth my energy.

Not worth my while.

(describing a person) Not worth his salt.

However, I have never heard "not worth my sanity".

If someone spoke that, then it may mean that giving it any consideration is absurd.