How long after chemo and radiation does it take for your immune system to go back to what it was before treatment?

• LAN

This is a meaningless question due to the huge variation in human responses to different forms of treatment.   The only person that could answer this is the oncologist that is treating you.

I took 3x the typical dose of chemo (Normal 150mg, I took 500mg) at 2x the frequency (every 2 weeks instead of every 4) and my immune system never had a hitch.

It's all dependent on the person and their overall health. Just check your CBC and keep track of how it goes.

I seemed to be fine, right away. (I know what severe damage to the immune system feels like, and it was nothing like that.)

I suppose it is different based on the intensity of the treatment.  

• Rick

Well, I had weekly check-ups after my surgery and radiation treatments for six months then monthly for another six months ..............